10-inch pie shell, partially baked
4 large Jersey Fresh eggs, beaten
3 TBS flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
½ tsp dry mustard
1½ cups of half-and-half
2 cups grated Swiss cheese
1 large tomato, cut into ¼-inch slices
10 Jersey Fresh asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line pie crust with parchment paper, add dry beans or pie weights. Bake for 20 minutes then prick with a fork.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs with flour, paprika, salt and mustard. Add half-and-half slowly, beating well. Stir in cheese.
- Saving 6 asparagus spears for the top, chop the rest into 1-inch lengths and lay on bottom of pie shell.
- Pour in liquid.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly arrange tomato and asparagus on top of the quiche in a wagon wheel pattern.
- Bake another 20 to 30 minutes until firm when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serves 4 - 6.
Contributed by: Betty Jane Smith, Annandale NJ