New Jersey farmers are known for producing the highest quality produce and using the safest handling practices. Consumers expect their produce to be safe to eat and consumer confidence is important to the state's produce industry. New Jersey farmers must meet the high-quality standards of the Jersey Fresh Quality Grading Program. Jersey Fresh is more than an advertising logo. It is a comprehensive program of assuring the highest quality product is coming from our local growers.
Whether you buy produce from a local grower or from a supermarket that buys produce from all over, fruits and vegetables are an important part of a health diet. There are steps consumers can take to ensure the produce they eat is safe and healthy.
- General Safety Info For Fruits, Veggies, and Juices
- Cleaning Techniques and Tips
- Safe Handling of Raw Produce and Fresh-Squeezed Fruit and Vegetable Juices
- USDA Seasonal Food Safety Fact Sheets
- Government Food Safety Information - Consumer Advice
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service - Food Safety Education
- Fight Bac - Keep Food Safe From Bacteria
- Food Spoilage Chart
- Report food poisoning
- Recent Recalls